EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

ElSimpleSftpClientDemo access violation in D7 IDE

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 03/17/2009 16:30:01
by stephane  (Basic support level)

Hello,

I was making some testing by connecting the sftp demo to a debian9 OpenSSH-4.3p2 server. Client OS was windows 2008.

Then I tried to download a large file (3 Megabytes) and during the download I disabled the internet connection (in network connections admin applet).

After a few seconds I got the expected timeout exception and connection lost exception (OK so far).

=> Here I enabled again the internet connection.

Then I used the "disconnect" to close the connection (else sftp component is still in "active" state even if no connection is available). (a little connection lost exception here but OK).

=> THEN I am unable to reconnect to the server , after the authentication phase, the client systematically raises an "access violation" exception in TSftpClient.HandleTunnelConnectionData() [see attachment screen capture for call stack].
=> Crash occurs always at same line of code so this it not a random behaviour.

=> It works again ONLY if I quit completely the demo application and restart it.

If I do the same during an Upload instead of Download then no problem, I can reconnect without quitting.

I used all the defaults parameters of the simplesftp demo.

Hope this helps !

Posted: 03/18/2009 00:44:02
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you very much for reporting the problem. Will be checked.
Posted: 03/18/2009 01:48:53
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Let's continue the discussion in the Helpdesk. I have created a ticket for you.

Statistics

Topic viewed 960 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!