EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SFTP Upload failure with CrushFTP Server

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 03/06/2009 13:41:35
by Charles DeWeese (Standard support level)

I've been contacted by the author of CrushFTP server and informed that my software product that uses SecureBlackBox doesn't upload correctly with SFTP.

He's provided a test server at sftp://demo:demo@ftp.crushftp.com:2222/

I've tried the SBB demos and every setting I can think of but I just can't make uploads work.

Is the issue with SBB or the server?

Thank you for your time.
Posted: 03/06/2009 13:54:51
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Before we start investigating - what problem *you* have with uploads? Our tests might expose a problem, but might as well show nothing, so we need information about what problems you have.
The most obvious idea that comes to my mind is that the author of the server has not implemented pipelining (this is a "feature" which is not documented anywhere and which is often overlooked by the developers) and this causes the problem. Did you try disabling it? Pipelining is disabled by setting AutoAdjust... property to false and then setting PipelineLength to 1.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/06/2009 15:38:38

The problem is that the file doesn't upload, there's no progress and no obvious error or message indicating a problem.

In my tests I adjusted the Pipeling and AutoAdjustTransferBlock but I couldn't recall if I tried that specific configuration, so I tested again using the values you suggested and it still fails to send the file.

In addition downloading works fine, its just uploads that don't.
Posted: 03/07/2009 02:00:33

And you surely pass absolute path to file (/path/to/filename.ext), don't you?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/07/2009 13:25:20

Yes that's correct. I have the SSB demos and my own application using SSB working on other brands of SFTP servers just fine.
Posted: 03/08/2009 03:10:35

Ok, I have moved the topic to the helpdesk so that our developers can check it. We have a holiday on Monday, so they will do this on Tuesday.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2508 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!