EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Question about elmessageverifier

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 07/17/2006 13:06:46
by Santiago CastaƱo (Standard support level)

I've done an algorithm that verifies a file and if it returns <>0 and with error code=$2002, then i prompt the user to select certificates (i also detect if they're at the certificate stores with certid(s) property). And after that, i'm re-verifying the file. But this is a 2 pass of the file; and i can't find a way of better detecting if the file was signed with certificates included or not.

Is there a better way of doing this?
Suggestion: can you make a new property that tells us if the file has includedcertificates or not? (if it does only one verification of the file of course :p).

Posted: 07/17/2006 13:18:46
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The data must be loaded completely in order to find out whether the certificates are included. So it doesn't make sense to implement what you are asking for.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/18/2006 00:28:37
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Actually, the option you requested will be available with the improved TElMessage* classes implementation. We have introduced several new events which provide such kind of information.

Topic viewed 2933 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!