EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Secure Balck Box

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 02/20/2009 03:11:09
by Monika Sharma (Standard support level)

I nned to move file(exist on Unix sevrer) from one folder to another using asp.net,C#
. I am using the following method to move the file form one location to another
_sftpClient.CopyRemoteFile(source, destination, false);
But it is giving error : "Operation not supported"
How could I achieve my funcnality

Please reply I m stuck due to this issue

Posted: 02/20/2009 03:27:51
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

If the remote server doesn't support this function, there's nothing you can do using SFTP. One thing you can try is to allow SFTP versions 4, 5, 6 (using Versions property of the component) but this is unlikely to help if the limitation is of the server.

You can connect using SSH (command channel) and issue a command "mv <old name> <new name>".

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/10/2009 00:41:19

Thanks for your reply.
I have one more query

I need to check whether the file is in the copy process before moving it into different folder

for e.g. if a large file is getting copied into folder "A" and in the same time we are downloading or moving it into different folder.
What will happen??

Is there any way to check this beore downloading and moving file

Posted: 03/10/2009 01:48:53

*Maybe* you can do this via SSH, but this is very platform-specific, as you would need to install some custom application on the remote server which will do the check for you. SFTP obviously doesn't offer such functions.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/10/2009 03:22:21

Thanks for reply

I want to know if the file is in copying process and we are Downloading 100 bytes of that file thorugh C# code then what would happen. Would it give exception or it would donloaded the 100 bytes??

I am not able to simulate the scenario practically

Kindly confirm.

Thanks & Regards
Posted: 03/10/2009 10:14:40

This is specific to particular server software implementations (and to the way the file is accessed by third-party software) and is not related to the protocol itself.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Topic viewed 1242 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!