EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

exception occurs when reconnect to server

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 02/13/2009 13:56:13
by y song (Basic support level)

I test uploading resume functionality with TElSimpleSFTPClient, I upload a file with 40 mb,I break uploading by client disconnection by calling TElSimpleSFTPClient.Close(true), when I reconnect to sftp server, an exception throws "Exception occurs when uploading file: The process cannot access the file 'C:\20090213142728054.rar' because it is being used by another process". it seams that uploading process is not completely shutdown.
what I should do ?

Posted: 02/14/2009 01:25:44
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

This is a server problem. When you call Close(true), the socket is closed forcefully without notifying the server. This doesn't let the server know that the upload was broken and the file needs to be closed. While you can change true to false in the call to Close, in real life socket disconnections will happen. So your only solution is to properly handle such error.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1293 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!