EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Client Hello Rejection

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 07/13/2006 16:31:36
by Charlie Jimenez (Standard support level)

I am getting an "ILLEGAL PARAMETER" error in the ElSecureServer.OnError event when the initial client hello is received. I am using ElSecureServer (.Net).

I have attached the VS 2003 Call stack entries and a copy of the client hello message (in hex). An EtherReal trace decodes the hello message properly, and I cannot see any problems with the hello message.

You help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

[ Download ]
Posted: 07/13/2006 17:25:01
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Please check the following:
a) the SB_SUITE_RSA_3DES_SHA cipher suite is enabled on your server (basing on the client hello dump, it's the only cipher suite supported by the client),
b) there's at least one certificate with an associated private key in the server certificate storage. The certificate should contain an RSA public key.
Posted: 07/13/2006 17:38:27

I have attached the server certificate I am using. I checked in the IDE via a breakpoint as the hello arrived that the ElSecureServer object had this certificate properly loaded in its CertStorage.Certificates collection and that the cipher suite specified is enabled.

[ Download ]
Posted: 07/13/2006 18:12:13
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

We checked the ElSecureServer (using C# chat demo along with the certificate you provided) with both SBB and OpenSSL clients and it did work for us in both cases. So please check that the mentioned cipher suite is enabled in your application.
Posted: 07/14/2006 12:19:59

I am sorry. I just realized that I have already reported this problem to you on ticket # 8466, which is still in status : Problem solving in progress.

Have you made any progress? I really need to get this fixed.

Thank you.
Posted: 07/14/2006 13:26:56
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I have re-opened the ticket.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4206 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!