EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSH and SQL SErver

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 02/09/2009 04:16:24
by Mikhail Rogachev (Basic support level)

Hello.
I have task to create connection between MS SQL Server 2005 and our application by using SSH tunnel. I tried to use SSHBlackbox Server example and LocalPortForwarding example. It has not any problem but when i try to connect with SQL server I keep getting error (11 the packet too large).
I applied your suggestions from knowledgebase. Same error again.
However when I tried to work with another SHHserver and LocalPortForwarding example, I had good result.
But I have to use your package. We have not license yet.
Can I have some suggestion?

Posted: 02/09/2009 04:22:35
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The easiest thing for debugging is to try to connect to the server using SSH shell or SFTP samples. This will make debugging easier.
Please try to do this using one of the samples included with SecureBlackbox and if connection fails, post the log from the client here.

Also, please tell us what exactly server software you are using.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/09/2009 04:24:06
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Unfortunately, SSH server sample does not support forwarding functionality. That's why you receive the error you are reporting.
Posted: 02/09/2009 05:13:13

In any case sample SSH server should not report so strange error codes ...

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/09/2009 05:28:01

BTW, what edition are you evaluating? I've just rechecked the samples, and found out that the one included to the VCL edition does support forwarding. If you are using VCL edition, then we need to investigate the issue deeper, as the sample should work.
Posted: 02/09/2009 21:08:32
by Mikhail Rogachev (Basic support level)

Hi Eugene and Innokentiy
Thanks for your messages.

I'd like to show screenshot. First connection is very good. But after it i try to connect to SQL server by port 5001.
I am using VS2008.

Thanks

Posted: 02/10/2009 01:05:33

Unfortunately, SSH server samples included to .NET edition do not support port forwarding functionality. You will have to implement the necessary SSH connection handlers yourself.
Posted: 02/10/2009 02:34:43

Or better use OpenSSH on the server - this will save your time.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1649 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!