EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Certificates from my certificate store

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 02/05/2009 09:23:36
by Szymon Piskula (Basic support level)

Hi,
The piece of code (provided by your examples)
Code
cbSystemCerts.Items.Clear();
            SystemStore.SystemStores.BeginUpdate();
            try
            {
                SystemStore.SystemStores.Clear();
                SystemStore.SystemStores.Add("MY");
            }
            finally
            {
                SystemStore.SystemStores.EndUpdate();
            }
            for (int i = 0; i < SystemStore.Count; i++)
            {
                cbSystemCerts.Items.Add(SystemStore.get_Certificates(i).SubjectName.CommonName);
            }

returns, in case of my computer, 2 certificates, therefore 2 of them are available for signing.

But when i chceck my private certificates at internet explorer->tool->internet options ->content ->certificates -> Personal Tab, there is onlu ONE cert present.

why is that? shouldn the code present only certs available in the windwo i am looking into IE ? what can i do to list only certs present in IE ?
Posted: 02/05/2009 09:32:07
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

I am not sure if IE shows you all the available certificates. Please use MMC to view the actual contents of the store:
1) Go to Start->Run, type "mmc" and click "OK",
2) On the MMC window that appears, go to File->Add/Remove snap-in menu,
3) Click "Add". Select the "Certificates" item in the list and then click another "Add" button,
4) Select "My user account" radio button and click "Finish",
5) Close the "Add standalone snap-in" dialog and click OK on the "Add/Remove snap-in" dialog,
6) Expand the "Certificates->Personal->Certificates" node in the tree at the left. The list at the right will show you the correct contents of your MY store.
Posted: 02/05/2009 10:18:36
by Szymon Piskula (Basic support level)

Ok now i can see those certs. I thoutght it would be a sollution to my problem but it isn't.

When i choose certificate that is visible in IE, signing of PDF goes well. When i choose one visible only in MMC, during signing in your sample app TinySIgner throws an exception at line

Document.Close(Success);

with message No signing certificates found. Why could it be? Type of certificate is somehow incopatible with expected? If so, how to check what conditions must be met to sign a pdf with chosen certificate ?
Posted: 02/05/2009 10:27:25
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

It is likely that the certificate does not have a corresponding private key, which is required for signing. Please open the certificate by double-clicking on it and check if the corresponding private key is available (please see the attached screen shot).

Statistics

Topic viewed 1161 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!