EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

EDIINT support?

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 01/16/2009 13:06:58
by Eric Dobrzelewski (Standard support level)

I'm wondering if SBB has support for the EDIINT standards ([URL=http://www.kleinschmidt.com/edi-solutions/Internet/ediint-as2-as3.htm]EDIINT Overview[/URL])? I've got a client that wants to use it. I think they are currently using AS1 (EDI over SMTP). I might be able to convince them to use AS3 (EDI over FTP) or AS2 (EDI over HTTP). Sorry if this has been covered somewhere. I did a few searches on the website. I don't know a lot about the standard, so I might not know what exactly to look for. Thanks.
Posted: 01/16/2009 13:17:51
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

We will include AS2 support to SecureBlackbox 7.0. I am not sure that other versions (AS1 and AS3) make sense as AS2 seems to be the most popular.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/16/2009 14:09:57
by Eric Dobrzelewski (Standard support level)

Do you have a good resource for the specifications? If my client only supports AS1 and I can find the right "hooks" in SBB, I might try to implement it, at least a "lite" version. Right now I'm just doing research on my options and trying to convince the client to use AS2 or even FTPS.

Thanks.
Posted: 01/16/2009 14:38:53
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Personally I don't have a good source (the developers do but they are offline), but our developer that implements AS/2 has already spent a month on this. I.e. this is not a quick job.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1249 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!