EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

widgetProps.ignoreExistingAppearance

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 01/12/2009 04:07:04
by Olivier Wallemacq (Basic support level)

Hello,
I have some difficulties signing a pdf document twice.
The signature fields are already present in the document created with adobe designer 7.0.

Then I sign the document twice using sbpdf

First signature certifies the document (Mdp) and allows "form fields changes" to permit the insertion of the second one.

After the first signature is inserted, the document is saved.

Then I open the document a second time, sign the document and save again.
It works fine but since widgetprops.ignoreexistingappearance is set to false. The signature appears blank

Now, when widgetprops.ignoreexistingappearance is set to true, the first signature becomes invalid after the insertion of the second one (altough AllowedChanges = SBPDF.Unit.sacFillInForms).

Now my guess is that by setting some properties of widgetProps, I am modifying the document. Do you now what properties must be set or left alone so the document is not considered as modified when inserting the second signature?

With thanks in advance.

Laurent Merchez
Posted: 01/12/2009 18:17:02
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

I have some difficulties signing a pdf document twice.

Could you post here or to helpdesk a sample pdf document.
We just found a small issue in creating post-MDP signatures. It is similar to your case.
Posted: 01/14/2009 07:20:14

Hello,
I attach an archive containing the following files:
- True1.pdf: document with empty signature fields
- true2.pdf: document certified with first sig, setting ignoreexistingappearance to true
- true2.pdf: document with second sig. (first sig becomes invalid)

- False1.pdf, false2.pdf, false3.pdf : same, but with ignoreexistingappearance = false

+ code.txt, the code of the function I use to sign the document.

It's interesting to compare true3.pdf with false3.pdf...

Thank you
Laurent

[ Download ]
Posted: 01/16/2009 04:57:59

Hello,
I have just tested it and the problem is, has you mentioned, related with mdp signature. If all the signatures are stDocument then I can change the appearance of the widget... Problem is I need MDP.

Laurent
Posted: 01/16/2009 07:11:08
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

I have just tested it and the problem is, has you mentioned, related with mdp signature. If all the signatures are stDocument then I can change the appearance of the widget... Problem is I need MDP.

It is fixed. In the attachment a pdf document with two signatures (first MDP signature). I signed true2.pdf document.
This fix will be included in the next build.

[ Download ]
Posted: 01/16/2009 07:55:15

Thank you very much.
Do you know when the next build will be available?
I suppose it will be available in the downloads section of the website?

Laurent
Posted: 01/16/2009 13:35:14
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Next build is the next beta of SecureBlackbox 7, which is expected somewhere next week.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1658 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!