EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Simple C# Example

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 07/12/2006 16:15:51
by Duane Stark (Basic support level)

I want to encrypt a file using a clients public key. I looked at the C# sample in the download, but I'm looking for something really simple for a newb.

I will be using .NET 2.0, but can use 1.1 if required. This will NOT be happening in an ASP.NET page.

Posted: 07/12/2006 16:26:10
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Please use the attached sample as a guide. This sample will be included (after certain improvements and testing) to the SecureBlackbox 5 release build.

[ Download ]
Posted: 07/18/2006 05:53:05

This worked great! Thanks. I was able to plug in what I wanted, and encrypt files.

The problem now is I need to decrypt them. Does anyone have a simple c# 2.0 decryption example? The sample included with the download is a bit over my head..

Many thanks in advanced!
Posted: 07/18/2006 06:07:02
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Please find the sample application attached (it will also be included to the SecureBlackbox 5).

[ Download ]
Posted: 07/19/2006 18:03:19

Awesome, thanks.

Question - I've been playing with this script, and it compiles and runs fine. However, the decryption process on my end requires no user form. I've been playing with it some, and where I'm getting stuck is on the pgpReader.DecryptAndVerify(streamInput, 0); The passphrase event seems to pickup, after the Passphrase event fires, it just seems to sit on the decryptandverify.. Any suggestions?
Posted: 07/19/2006 23:43:15
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please send the encrypted file and the keyrings (public and private) to support@eldos.com.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/20/2006 00:22:01
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Other people also report hanging in decryption procedures. Unfortunately we can't reproduce this hanging. So it looks like a new SecureBlackbox bug. We'll be working on the issue. I think that the bug was introduced in build 91. You can download build 90, maybe this solves the problem. Build 90 is available from http://www.eldos.com/files/sbb/b90/secbboxnet.zip

Meanwhile, please tell us, whether the problem happens with our keyring (which is located in <SecureBlackbox>\PGPKeys folder)?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/20/2006 09:30:36
by Troy Hollowell (Standard support level)

Build 94 Cleared the problem for me.
Posted: 07/24/2006 11:26:13

Sorry for the delayed response.. We actually cut back to a previous version and that corrected the problem. I will recompile the code with the new build and report back.

Thanks, as always, for the exceptional support.
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Topic viewed 5332 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!