EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Error code 1 with SFTP and JSCAPE Server

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 01/08/2009 14:18:48
by Charles DeWeese (Standard support level)

I did some investigating and the buffer contains the text (see below) when ParseServerIdentificationString() is called

Index := MemPos(@MINUS[1], Length(MINUS), @PByteArray(Buffer)[4], Size - 4);

is returning -1 as the index result and is then raising DoError(ERROR_SSH_INVALID_IDENTIFICATION_STRING);

The interesting thing that caught my eye is that the size of the buffer passed to ParseServerIdentificationString() is 105 but the entire length of the data in the buffer is 135, using that info above it would appear that ParseServerIdentificationString() is looking at only the first part of the data and fails to find a result, but the actual data it needs is in the next part which gets over looked.

Buffer text formatting is left intact

" Welcome to the<LF>
Handpark Graphics AS<LF>
FTP Server<LF>
Please Readme file for instructions<LF>

<LF> = Linefeed character
<CR> = carriage return

Updated message to include LF/CR indicators
Posted: 01/08/2009 15:24:24
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Today is the day of buggy servers ... We will investigate such configuration tomorrow.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/09/2009 03:49:47
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

We have added the workaround which allows to handle such "server hello"'s in appropriate way. The future build of SecureBlackbox (7.0.152) will understand them right.
Posted: 01/09/2009 14:21:55

Thank you for your fast response.

Can you give me an estimation of when this new release will become available?

Would it be possible to hot patch the current release of SBB with the fix.

We have a new client who urgently needs a fix as their unable to use our software product due to this issue.
Posted: 01/10/2009 00:33:19
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

A new build is to be available in several days. Regarding the hot fix, I have created the Helpdesk ticket for you, let's go on with it there.
Posted: 01/11/2009 01:46:08

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. The patch you provided works great.
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Topic viewed 1475 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!