EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

cannot create temp file

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 01/06/2009 10:37:02
by Joseph Southwell (Basic support level)

I am getting an exception that appears to be coming from PGPReaderX::DecryptAndVerify.
Cannot create file C:\DOCUME~1\wilson\LOCALS~1\Temp\NULL-2081000.dat -- file may be in use or read-only.
That is not the filename I specified so I suspect it to be some internal temp filename. Any ideas?
Posted: 01/06/2009 10:54:33
by Joseph Southwell (Basic support level)

I am looking at my code and I just discovered I am doctoring the Exception text. The original exception text is
"Cannot create file C:\DOCUME~1\wilson\LOCALS~1\Temp\NULL-2081000.dat"
Posted: 01/06/2009 11:19:50
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The temporary file must be created for some purpose. In VCL and .NET editions there's OnTemporaryStream event avaialble that lets you create a temporary stream. But in ActiveX edition this is handled automatically. The problem should not happen as the temporary file is created in the temporary folder. If the problem re-appears, check whether the path exists and whether the file can be created in the specified folder (or the file already exists and is opened or read-only).

Also please specify the version of SecureBlackbox that you are using and any other details about your use of the component - maybe you are using it from the service application (if it's even possible with VB) or from constrained environment such as the web server.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1294 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!