EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PGPKeysDemo and loading keyring error

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 07/12/2006 13:41:32
by George Rajdl (Basic support level)

When using the 'PGPKeysDemo' and loading a public keyring, I get the following error:

"Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection."

Here are the lines of code that cause the error:

TElPGPKeyring tempKeyring = new TElPGPKeyring();
tempKeyring.Load(keyringlocation, dlg.tbSecretKeyring.Text, true);

Is there a limit of how many keys can exist in a keyring? After I reduce the number of keys in the keyring the sample apllication can open it.

Although, I have just noticed when I removed a particular key, that may have fixed the problem mentioned above.
When I attempt to import this key using the 'PGPKeysDemo', I get the following error:

"Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection."

Looks like my keyring would not load becaue of the presence of this particular key. After I remove it I can load the keyring with 'PGPKeysDemo'.
But, there seems nothing wrong with this key and it works like any of my other keys when using this key with PGP 8.1 Desktop.

Can I possibly send you the key and maybe you can determine what problems there might be with it?

Posted: 07/12/2006 13:45:56
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for reporting the issue. It would be excellent if you provide us the public key that causes TElPGPKeyring to fail. Please use our helpdesk system (http://www.eldos.com/support/ticket_list.php) to send the key.
Posted: 07/12/2006 14:17:01
by George Rajdl (Basic support level)

A ticket has been created.

Thanks.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3046 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!