EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Telnet example

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 07/12/2006 13:27:46
by C Jr (Basic support level)

Hi,

I am starting to evaluate BlackBox in order to secure Telnet connections. Is there an example of doing so?
Posted: 07/12/2006 14:05:22
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

<SecureBlackbox>\Samples\SSH folder contains SimpleSSH example, which is what you need except that we didn't implement a terminal.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/12/2006 14:26:45

First of all, thanks (how quick was the answer).

I think I didn't explained it well. What I really want to do is to use BlackBox SSH components to build a SSH Server that will authenticate and handle client connections, behaving exactly like a customized Telnet Server I already have programmed (using Indy IdTelnetServer component).

Conversely, I am looking for a way to get a customized SSH Server running, if possible using Indy IOHandlers in order to leverage the IdTelnetServer I already have programmed.

I tried the example located at the <Samples>/Server/ServerDemo, but it could not clarify the matter.

Thanks again,
Posted: 07/12/2006 14:45:03

There's \Samples\SSH\Server\Indy\ folder with Chat samples for Indy 9 and Indy 10. They are based on SSH IOHandlers.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/12/2006 14:59:00

One more question:

I was reading the Indy examples and found the code below (at the tcpServerExecute event):
Code
if not Assigned(Client.SSHCSIOHandler) then
  begin
    AThread.Connection.Disconnect;
    Exit;
  end;

Does that mean that if I use a IdServerIOHandler, I must use also an IdClientIOHandler (in other words, the client and the server must use Indy)?

Thanks,
Posted: 07/12/2006 15:20:52

C Jr wrote:
Does that mean that if I use a IdServerIOHandler, I must use also an IdClientIOHandler (in other words, the client and the server must use Indy)?

I don't see why you came to such conclusion. While the chat sample shows both client and server use, nothing prevents you from implementing just a server ...

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 6491 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!