EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Telnet example

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 07/12/2006 13:27:46
by C Jr (Basic support level)

Hi,

I am starting to evaluate BlackBox in order to secure Telnet connections. Is there an example of doing so?
Posted: 07/12/2006 14:05:22
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

<SecureBlackbox>\Samples\SSH folder contains SimpleSSH example, which is what you need except that we didn't implement a terminal.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/12/2006 14:26:45

First of all, thanks (how quick was the answer).

I think I didn't explained it well. What I really want to do is to use BlackBox SSH components to build a SSH Server that will authenticate and handle client connections, behaving exactly like a customized Telnet Server I already have programmed (using Indy IdTelnetServer component).

Conversely, I am looking for a way to get a customized SSH Server running, if possible using Indy IOHandlers in order to leverage the IdTelnetServer I already have programmed.

I tried the example located at the <Samples>/Server/ServerDemo, but it could not clarify the matter.

Thanks again,
Posted: 07/12/2006 14:45:03

There's \Samples\SSH\Server\Indy\ folder with Chat samples for Indy 9 and Indy 10. They are based on SSH IOHandlers.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/12/2006 14:59:00

One more question:

I was reading the Indy examples and found the code below (at the tcpServerExecute event):
Code
if not Assigned(Client.SSHCSIOHandler) then
  begin
    AThread.Connection.Disconnect;
    Exit;
  end;

Does that mean that if I use a IdServerIOHandler, I must use also an IdClientIOHandler (in other words, the client and the server must use Indy)?

Thanks,
Posted: 07/12/2006 15:20:52

C Jr wrote:
Does that mean that if I use a IdServerIOHandler, I must use also an IdClientIOHandler (in other words, the client and the server must use Indy)?

I don't see why you came to such conclusion. While the chat sample shows both client and server use, nothing prevents you from implementing just a server ...

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 6843 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!