EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

No privatekey in certificate...

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 07/12/2006 08:35:44
by ot2 (Standard support level)

We got our certificate delivered from our vendor (.p12-file) and found that it did not contain a privatekey (according to SecureBlackbox).

I then imported it to Windows - it said I had a private key for it, so I exported it back to .pfx. Now it works with SecureBlackbox. The test-certificate from the same vendor did work without importing-exporting it, so does this mean that they have changed the way their certificates are made?
Posted: 07/12/2006 09:00:25
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Most likely the PFX you received contained more than one certificate. In this case SecureBlackbox will import only 0-th certificate to the TElX509Certificate object. If this is the case, you need to use TElMemoryStorage to load the PFX, then search for the certificate you need in the storage.

I will now improve TElX509Certificate.LoadFromBufferPFX to select the end-entity certificate.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/12/2006 11:30:28
by ot2 (Standard support level)

I'm using .LoadFromStreamPFX, so I hope you change that function as well at the same time?
Posted: 07/12/2006 11:40:54
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

*Stream functions work via *Buffer.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 4194 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!