EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Sftp.Connect Problem

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 12/05/2008 00:47:02
by PK Kinetics Sdn Bhd  (Standard support level)

Hi, I got this error while trying to connect. please contact eldos support as described on http://www.eldos.com/sbbdev/support.php. if you have ensured that all connection parameters are correct and you still cant connect. Connection failed due to exception:Connection lost(error code is 0). I will get it connected if I'm lucky only..most of the times i got the above error. Can you please help? Thank you.
Posted: 12/05/2008 01:19:51
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please check the article here . It contains the set of operations that you can do yourself to setup connection.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/05/2008 02:34:04

I am using the provided sample program to connect. I'm not using any encryption of private key for the connection. But yet i still get the same error. Port 22 is allowed as I'm able to make the connection successfully once in a long time. Any ideas on what is wrong?
Posted: 12/05/2008 04:08:31

The pc were using leased line, will this be the caused? Any special settings required if using leased line in sftp connection?
Posted: 12/05/2008 04:57:53
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The problem is most likely in the settings for (one or more) of the connection properties, described in step 5 of the above mentioned article. You need to test various settings of those articles.

Also please tell us what exactly server software you are connecting to. You can ask the administrator (if this is possible) or check ServerSoftwareName property after calling Open method.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/10/2008 23:14:53

Can you please explain in more details step on how to turn on the AutoAdjustChiper? Is the settings in the network properties or in the secure blackbox dll? Our network administrator already troubleshoot yet they still can't find the reason. The ServerSoftwareName is Tumbleweed, when i connect through my network it works, but when installed into the real server located in another network(using leased line) it shown the errors as i mentioned earlier. When we installed the putty client into the same server, we're able to established the connection, but not with the provided sample program?
Posted: 12/10/2008 23:54:03
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

AutoAdjustCiphers is a property of TElSimpleSFTPClient object, so you should just set it to true.

Can you please provide the exact log shown by the sample application in case of error?
Posted: 12/11/2008 00:07:32

This is the exact error :-
please contact eldos support as described on http://www.eldos.com/sbbdev/support.php.
if you have ensured that all connection parameters are correct and you still cant connect.
Connection failed due to exception:Connection lost(error code is 0).
Posted: 12/11/2008 00:21:51
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Did you try setting AutoAdjustCiphers to true?

BTW, is the server you are trying to connect to visible from the Internet? If yes, we could try to connect to it from our office and check what's going wrong.
Posted: 12/11/2008 02:11:45

Wow...IT'S WORKING NOW!!

Thank you so much... Btw, what is AutoAdjustCiphers ? Why it's running at some network even I did not set it?

I've another doubts, I've purchase your license but why the messagebox "You're using trial version..." still pop up sometime?
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3839 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!