EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Error - Message was tampered

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 12/10/2008 08:18:57
by Alex Nail (Basic support level)

Hi, I've opened both transactions, remote and downloaded file. Its difficult to do a comparison due to file size, but both are ascii armored with PGP headers and trailers. Visually, the files look good. I've also attempted to pgp decrypt the downloaded file with PGP Desktop, it too erros out stating "modified message detected" and only a fraction of the file decrypts. For example, the file is 625meg, but only 53kb is produced in the decrypted output, which can't be opened.

It's as if the file begins to decrypt but the application recognizes that the integrity of the data has been modified.

I'm still troubleshooting on my end using the sample scripts....

Thanks,
Alex
Posted: 12/10/2008 08:27:46
by Alex Nail (Basic support level)

Hello, I was just able to get the download and pgp decryption to work by utilizing an SFTP connection vs. simple FTP connection. I can use this protocal instead, not a problem. Using the simple FTP protocal seems to be very unstable, as far as file integrity goes.

Thanks,
Alex

Statistics

Topic viewed 4290 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!