EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Signing a PDF in windows 98, Me

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 07/11/2006 06:40:02
by Jose R (Basic support level)

Hello,

I'm evaluating PDFblackBox for VCL. I use the TinySigner demo in different windows.

For sign the PDF i use a certificate with high level in security. IN windows 2000 and XP when i sign the PDF the demo ask the password one time, but in windows 98 and ME the application ask the password 5 times.

I want to know if is normal this behaviour in windows 98 and Me and if PDFBlackBox is compatible with this OS.

thanks in Advance.
Posted: 07/11/2006 06:53:18
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The situation is caused by OS specifics - on NT systems the access is cached, and the password is not asked for.

Windows 98/ME are deprecated systems, not supported by Microsoft. Our support for this platform is not a priority task either. In SecureBlackbox 5 we will optimize private key access, but this is done not for Win98/ME, but for other puproses.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 3577 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!