EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Connection error 1

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 11/06/2008 18:40:17
by Ken Haynes (Standard support level)

Hi All,

I am currently evaluating the FTP suite. I am using the demo program SimpleSFtpDemo.

I have changed the default port from 22 to 21, which is required in order to connect to the target server. When Open is called, an exception is thrown with the error number of 1. I have searched high and low but I cannot find anything related to this error number. I can confirm that the same data I am using to connect works in my FTP client, Opus. I get the same error when I try to connect to other servers to which I have access. The servers are all external to my network. I have tried changing the component properties in accordance with an article I found in the forum, but I still get error 1 returned when the open function is called.

I am using Delphi 2005 on a XP Pro SP2 platform.

I have set my firewall to allow the connections and on one occasion, stopped my firewall completely, so I know that the firewall isn't stopping the connection.

Any suggestions?

Thanks All.
Ken.
Posted: 11/06/2008 23:50:27
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

You are confusing SFTP protocol with FTPS (please see the article for more information regarding differences between SFTP and FTPS). To make a long story short, you should use SimpleFTPSDemo instead of SimpleSFTPDemo one.
Posted: 11/07/2008 00:17:15

Thanks Innokentiy for the prompt reply.

The thing that threw me was that there was no SimpleFTPSDemo directory installed in the samples directly. I incorrectly assumed that it served both purposes.

Are you aware of a demo for SimpleFTPSDemo?

Regards,
Ken.
Posted: 11/07/2008 00:37:10
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Please find the sample in the SBB\Samples\Delphi\SSLBlackbox\FTPS\SimpleFTPSDemo directory.
Posted: 11/07/2008 03:59:21

Thank you Innokentiy.

Very much appreciated.
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1658 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!