EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Secure Blackbox for cryptography Version 5.1.0.112 : Help Needed

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 11/06/2008 14:10:13
by  Rachana Dikshit
Hello,
I am a licenced user of the Secure back box version 5.1.0.112 dlls's. The DLL's I am using for cryptography are as follows:
SBPGPKeys;
SBPGPUtils;
SBUtils;
SBIDEA;
SBCryptoProvBuiltInEx;

I need the documentation and help files for the version 5.1.0.112 of secure black box dll's. The version 6 is different from what the way the code is written for version 5.
Please help.
Posted: 11/06/2008 14:42:31
by Mykola Olshevsky (Basic support level)

Hi. Interface to PGP modules didn't change a lot. If you are facing any specific problem, you can write your questions here or open ticket in the helpdesk.
Posted: 11/06/2008 15:08:32
by  Rachana Dikshit
Thanks.I do have a specific query.
Code snippet for the constructor of the cryptography class:
public Cryptography(string publickeyFilePath, string privateKeyFilePath)
{
SBIDEA.Unit.IdeaEnabled = true;
TElBuiltInExtendedCryptoProvider.SetAsDefault();

SBUtils.Unit.SetLicenseKey(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["EncryptionLicenseKey"]);

EncKeyring = new TElPGPKeyring();
EncKeyring.Load(publickeyFilePath, privateKeyFilePath, true);
}

Code snippet for the encrypt method:
public void Encrypt(string inputFilePath, string outputFilePath, string keyFilePath)
{
FileStream fs = null;

fs = new FileStream(inputFilePath, FileMode.Open);
Encrypt(fs, outputFilePath, keyFilePath);

if (fs != null)
{
fs.Dispose();
fs = null;
}
}

When we call the Cryptography class utilising secure black box , this is how we do it:
Cryptography crypt = new Cryptography(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["TIAASecretKeyPath"], ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["TIAASecretKeyPath"]);
crypt.Encrypt(m, localXmlFile, uploadInfo.EncryptionKeyPath);

The actualy key that I use for Encryption is the uploadInfo.EncryptionKeyPath, not the one with which I initialise the Class.My questions is:
1: What is the use of Cryptography(string publickeyFilePath, string privateKeyFilePath). WHere in secure black box do we use the publickeyFilePath. Are we using it just for initialisation?
2:How does secure black box neglct the key with which it was initialised and consider the public key supplied to it in the 2 nd line of code, which is bold and underlined.
Posted: 11/06/2008 15:39:00
by Mykola Olshevsky (Basic support level)

Actually, Cryptography class has no any connection with EldoS code.
But as I see, it's constructor initializes keyring, loading keys from publickeyFilePath and secretkeyFilePath. This strings should contain file names of your keyrings (public and secret).

Encrypt() function is also something custom, not from SBB code. But it is logically to assume, that it is encrypting m, saving result to localXmlFile, using key from uploadInfo.EncryptionKeyPath.
But it is only my assumption, you should check source code of that class.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1827 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!