EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Using SBB with SSL/HTTPS site

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 11/05/2008 01:07:09
by Anthony Bautista (Basic support level)

Hi. I'm currently using SBB for my web project and trying to connect to an HTTPS website thru POST/GET methods. It works perfectly with just HTTP but if I try connecting to HTTPS I get this error message about the certificate
Certificate validation handler is not assigned. Please handle the OnCertificateValidate event and implement proper certificate validation code there.

Seeking for enlightenment.

Thanks
Posted: 11/05/2008 01:14:55
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

The message actually explains what you need to do:
Please handle the OnCertificateValidate event and implement proper certificate validation code there.
Posted: 11/07/2008 04:32:51

I'm quite new with this method so may I ask you to be more specific? like should I need to add a new method to do this or is there an existing function in SBB to handle this and do I need to pass or create parameters for it?

Thanks again
Posted: 11/07/2008 04:51:11
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Validation of certificate is a complex task that significantly depends on specifics of particular environment. There's no such function in SBB, as it is not possible to cover all such specifics by a single function.

The following articles might help you in understanding how certificates work:
1. Certificate basics.
2. Validate the certificate.
Posted: 11/07/2008 21:23:48

Would like to thank you all for your earnest replies ... the articles would be very helpful ... More power
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3008 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!