EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PGP operation failed: No appropriate key for decryption found

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 07/07/2006 12:26:04
by Scott Cline (Basic support level)

I am trying to use the C# ASPNET Demo that comes with SBB. I have placed key files and PGP files in the appropriate folders, and when I try to decrypt the file through the ASP page I get the following message:

"PGP operation failed: No appropriate key for decryption found"

Using the SBB C# PGPFiles DEMO, the same PGP encrypted file, and same pub/priv key files, the file is decrypted as expected. This tells me that I have the correct key files for the encrypted files.

Does anyone know how to correct this problem, OR does anyone have a VB or C# class (not wizard/gui) that can decrypt a PGP file.

Thank you
Posted: 07/07/2006 12:38:28
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Did you include a reference to SecureBlackbox.PKI.dll to your project?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/07/2006 12:39:33

BTW there's an ASP demo for PGP included into the distribution (unfortunately the demo is only for VS 2003).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/07/2006 13:20:32

Yes, I am getting this exact error from the ASP PGP demo that you include with SBB.

I am using a version downloaded yesterday. I verified that your demo includes a reference to SecureBlackbox.PKI.dll in the project.

Can you verify that the demo works for Decrypting PGP files?

Thank you.
Posted: 07/07/2006 15:22:22

It looks like on some systems CLR blocks use of SecureBlackbox.PKI.dll because of security restrictions.

Are you using .NET 1.1 and VS.NET 2005?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/07/2006 15:31:18

Using .Net 1.1 and VS 2003. How can we configure things to work around the security restrictions?
Posted: 07/08/2006 00:04:50

We have to investigate the issue.

The strangest thing is that everything worked fine for a long time and the users use and deploy PGPBlackbox-based Web applications fine. And now (the last week) three "new" users reported the same problem.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/08/2006 05:32:45
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Please replace the code of ProcessPGP() method with the following code and check if it solves the issue:
Code
private bool ProcessPGP(Stream inF, Stream outF)
{
   TElPGPReader reader = new TElPGPReader();
   try
   {
      reader.DecryptingKeys = secretKey;
      reader.VerifyingKeys = publicKey;
      outputStream = outF;
      reader.OnCreateOutputStream += new TSBPGPCreateOutputStreamEvent(reader_OnCreateOutputStream);
      reader.KeyPassphrase = Request.Params["password"];
      reader.DecryptAndVerify(inF, 0);
   }
   catch(Exception ex)
   {
      errormsg = ex.Message;
      return false;
   }
   return true;
}
Posted: 07/11/2006 07:07:40

This new code corrected the problem. Thank you for the support.
Posted: 07/19/2006 09:13:19
by Jim Bounce (Basic support level)

hallo,

well I am having the same problem with my VB.NET project. with some files encrypted with the same key I am able to decrypt, with some other files I get the same error, any help?

thx

EDIT:
funny thing is that it allready worked, I was able to decrypt it two or three times, but now it just doesn´t works.
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 16363 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!