EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Charset Problem?!

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 10/28/2008 13:02:52
by Carlos Sampaio (Standard support level)

Hi there. I have a certificate from a person named "Acácio" and when I want to impress the signature on the PDF, the "á" turns into an odd character. I've created another certificate, this time full of "áéíóãç" (wich are all characters used for Poruguese names as many others). Can you please tell me how can I overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance,
best regards
Carlos
Posted: 10/28/2008 23:54:24
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to Helpdesk.
Posted: 10/30/2008 04:46:39

Hi again. Do you have any clue about when and if the "problem" will be resolved by your helpdesk? It's just that I have to tell something to our client.

PS: Those odd characters only make their appearance at the fingerprint.. if I ask to see the signature details the names are shown correctly.

Again, many thanks
Best Regards
Carlos Sampaio
Posted: 10/30/2008 04:57:41
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

It depends on the nature of the problem. Please provide us the sample document for testing, as I have requested in the Helpdesk -- then we will be able to provide you the exact time estimation.

BTW, please also specify the edition (VCL/.NET) you are using.
Posted: 10/30/2008 10:20:04
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

Please, try with Samples\PDF\Signer or SecurePDF sample application and for a widget font select "Free Serif, Unicode" (all other fonts are ASCII fonts).
Posted: 11/03/2008 05:56:33

For this project I'm using VS2003 along with 1.1 .NET Framework. I'm using also your assemblies for that framework.

I've tried your sample. I've got to call the "AddTrueTypeFont" sub because it wasn't being done by the sample as it is.

It worked! I can now see the correct chars. But I noticed that the resulting PDF is much bigger.. perhaps for having the font embedded itself in the document. Is there another way to make this?

BTW, thanks for the hint, it resolved my problem :)

Best Regards
Carlos Sampaio
Posted: 11/03/2008 15:49:49
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

I've tried your sample. I've got to call the "AddTrueTypeFont" sub because it wasn't being done by the sample as it is.

Could you please specify what version do you use, sample name and error code line. (Because I cannot reproduce this error with a latest release)
Is there another way to make this?

You can modify font file to embed characters that you need. E.g. exclude Asian languages.
Posted: 11/04/2008 08:00:05

I use this solution (vs2003):
C:\Program Files\EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Samples\VB.NET\PDFBlackbox\Signer\TinySigner.sln

When I check for installed programs its says version: 5.0

And its not an error.. I just think the "AddTrueTypeFont" method is not called anywhere.. if you make a call to it indicating the "Free Serif" font, then the fingerprint is correctly showned with the chars we were expecting..

You can modify font file to embed characters that you need. E.g. exclude Asian languages.

Can you explain me how to do this?

Again, thank you very much
Carlos Sampaio
Posted: 11/04/2008 11:35:49
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

If it's 5.0, then this is quite oudated version. Please download and install version 6.0 from the site. You can also try 6.1 beta (it's quite stable).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/04/2008 13:27:38

Done, and there is the call for the method :)

But I still have that problem with the size of the resulting pdf.. can you give me a tip of how can I supress some chars from the unicode font "FreeSerif.ttf" you ship in the sample?

Another question is about the "FreeSerif.ctg" and "FreeSerif.w" files... what are they? I've tried to get another Unicode font.. with few gliphs.. and found one with "only" 4xx.. but I don't have the "ctg" and "w" files for those...

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3665 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!