EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSLBlackbox FTPS Client Demo

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 10/16/2008 16:48:23
by Jared  (Standard support level)

I am looking at the .net version of this sample program. It is trying to connect to a filezilla ftp server over SSL (with Prot P enforced). When running the sample program provided gets an error specifying "Control channel transfer error". I've seen several posts regarding it but they where all for version 5 of this product. The Version for the SecureBlackbox.FTPS reference is listed as in the VS properties window. I am using the demo key and looking at the VS2008 solution.

If I can get this sample working as sort of a proof of concept, it is likely that my company will move forward and buy the component library. With that said, any help anyone could provide would be appreciated.

As a side note, it doesn't seem to be a server side error, as I can connect to the server using several other FTP clients.

Thanks in advance.
Posted: 10/17/2008 00:13:10
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your interest in our products.

First of all, please try disabling TLS1.1 and TLS1.2 protocol versions and check if it changes something.
Posted: 10/17/2008 09:28:36

First of all, thank you for the reply!

That at least helped get connected.
I chose the Use SSL/TLS check box, set the Auth command to AUTH SSL, and left only the SSL3 box checked. I was then able to connect and login to the server. However, if I try to do something else, such as click the List Dir button I get a message back: Unaccepted server reply (error code is 425). Like wise, if I try to upload a file, I get a 425 Can't open data connection. Any ideas here? Again, thank you for your help.
Posted: 10/17/2008 09:48:00

Can it be that the server requires using passive mode and you are trying to use active mode (or vice versa)?
Posted: 10/17/2008 10:59:55

Yep, that seemed to do the trick. Thanks again!
Posted: 10/20/2008 08:21:29

So just to be sure that I purchase the correct package, to get the required functionality I will need to get a license for the SSLBlackBox solution, correct?

thanks again
Posted: 10/20/2008 08:35:15

Yes, exactly, SSLBlackbox is the package you need. Please choose the exact license according to your requirements.

Thank you.
Posted: 10/20/2008 08:41:50
by  Alexander Kolosov
Dear Jared.

Please follow [URL=http://www.eldos.com/sbbdev/price-list.php?function=SSLCli&filter=Show+my+options]this link[/URL] and choose suitable license (this includes a license for SSLBlackbox client-only or client-server).

Posted: 10/20/2008 08:46:08

Perfect, thank you!
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Topic viewed 3195 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!