EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

After verification of timestamp problem

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 10/17/2008 10:06:07
by David Martinez (Basic support level)

You were right, I don't konw why but as a kind of magic now the timestampcount is 1, I changed nothing, I only went out to lunch.

Thanks a lot for everithing
Posted: 10/17/2008 10:17:29

A last question ¿how can I access the TimeStamps[] property of the ElMessageVerifier? According to the html help should be present, but the VS2005
shows that there is no such property in the instance.
Posted: 10/17/2008 10:22:16
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

C# does not support indexed properties, so please use the corresponding get_Timestamps() method instead.
Posted: 10/20/2008 04:54:28

Ok Innokentiy, finally it worked for me. No I have access to the timestamps and life is paradise but I still have a doubt.

You can always use the verify method of a certificate to guarrantee that the signature belongs to the original document. Now I have a original document stored in a buffer and another one as result of the TElMessageSigner.Sign. I can verify the correction of the signature and the timestamps with TelMessageVerifier but I still want to establish the connection between the original document and the signature, something like the bool Verify([in] byte[] InBuffer, [in] byte[] Signature) method of the ElX509Certificate class.

Maybe I seem I little bit stupid but I cannot see how to do it.

Thanks again Innokentiy.
Posted: 10/20/2008 08:09:51
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

There are two types of PKCS#7-compliant signatures, (a) detached and (b) enveloped signatures. Enveloped signatures contain both the data being signed and the signature value. Detached signatures contain only signature value and are distributed separately from the document being signed. The exact type of signature to create can specified via the Detached parameter of TElMessageSigner.Sign() method.

Both TElMessageVerifier.Verify() and TElMessageVerifier.VerifyDetached() method check that the signature corresponds to the original document. However, Verify() method expects enveloped signature on input, while VerifyDetached() expects the original document and the detached signature. It seems that detached signatures is what you are asking about.
Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 5688 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!