EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Password Validation asked 4 times per certificate

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 10/15/2008 06:05:02
by Carlos Sampaio (Standard support level)

Hi there. Maybe some of you already got into the same situation and can help, because I don't know what I can do more to get it right.

I have 3 certificates in a card, I present those in a listbox in my application so user can pick one. After that he can choose to add a reason and/or sign the document.

Private Document As TElPDFDocument
Private PublicKeyHandler As TElPDFPublicKeySecurityHandler
Private CertStorage As TElMemoryCertStorage
Private SystemStore As TElWinCertStorage
Private Cert As TElX509Certificate
Private HTTPClient As TElHTTPSClient
Private TSPClient As TElHTTPTSPClient
index = Document.AddSignature()
Sig = Document.Signatures(index)
Sig.Handler = PublicKeyHandler
Sig.AuthorName = Fld_Autor.Text
Sig.SigningTime = DateTime.Now
Cert = SystemStore.Certificates(XXX) 'XXX is an index
CertStorage.Add(Cert, True)
PublicKeyHandler.CertStorage = CertStorage
PublicKeyHandler.SignatureType = TSBPDFPublicKeySignatureType.pstPKCS7SHA1
PublicKeyHandler.CustomName = "Adobe.PPKMS"

And here, in the last line, pops up 3 panels (from Sysgillo) to insert a password, and then another one (but with a different interface, where a pin is asked). This happens when using a smartcard wich has 3 certificates with the same name/owner.

Am I doing something wrong, or it's the drivers of the application (interface) that manages the certificates that make that behaviour?

Note: If I have 4 certificates on my computer, different from those used and described earlier everything works fine. With eToken from Alladin password is prompted only one time.
Posted: 10/15/2008 06:13:08
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

A similar issue has been resolved some time ago (in August, if memory serves). Please check if you are using the latest build update. If you aren't, please upgrade to the latest one and check if the issue has gone with it.
Posted: 10/15/2008 08:43:32
by Carlos Sampaio (Standard support level)

Innokentiy Ivanov wrote:

August 2007 or 2008?

Because I'm using the Framework 1.1 dll's from SBB with the date of September 2007 (ver.

But I can use VS2008 with Framework 2.0 or 3.5.. what would be your advise?

Posted: 10/15/2008 08:55:06
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

August 2008, so you have to upgrade to SBB6.

SBB works with .NET Framework versions 1.1, 2.0 and 3.5, so feel free to use any of these versions.

Topic viewed 1400 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!