EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElSimpleFTPSClient Errors

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 07/05/2006 02:42:51
by Bas Buch (Basic support level)

Hello,

We are using the TElSimpleFTPSClient for a week now and it seems to work fine. We use it to automatically upload to and download from (if any files available) the same address every five minutes.

But sometimes, that is: four times in the past twelve hours, we are getting errors:
- Invalid address (17:21, 17:26 when Opening)
- Control data transfer error (01:04, 05:20 at OnTextDataLine)

What is happening and is there anything I can do to prevent it?

Thanks, Bas.
Posted: 07/05/2006 08:50:24
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

What we see looks like a network failure, when the address can't be resolved, or connectivity is lost. This could happen if the network adapter is reinitialized from time to time. For example, I have this on my system with Intel Gigabit ethernet adapter - sometimes it just "hangs" and needs to be disabled and re-enabled again.

What you can do is
1) specify what edition you are using (.NET, VCL) and how you use the control (active or passive mode, whether you use SSL or not etc.)
2) get the complete call stack. If you are using .NET edition, call stack must be available from Exception object (as I understand it). With VCL you would need to use some exception tracker (JCL library has one).
3) Check whether the same or different errors happen.
4) try to run the application on a different system.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/17/2006 04:33:43
by Bas Buch (Basic support level)

Thank you very much for answering.

So what you're stating is that the problem is probably on our site? And that goes for both errors?

We are using the following parameters:
AuthCmd := acAuthTLS;
EncryptDataChannel := True;
PassiveMode := True;
SSLMode := smExplicit;
UseSSL := True;
Version := (TLS1);

We got the errors on two different systems by the way...

Thank you very much, Bas.
Posted: 07/17/2006 04:40:56

As I said, this looks like network error (either hardware or driver-level software). I don't know, which part of the network connection is failing, but this doesn't seem to be related to application level in any way.

Bas Buch wrote:
We got the errors on two different systems by the way...

What is "different systems"? Does this mean different LANs or different servers with one client in one LAN, or two clients with one server in one LAN, or ...?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/26/2006 03:51:30
by René de Jong (Standard support level)

Hi
Most of the times we get the "Control data transfer error" on the call to GetFileList or Send methods.

We tried two different pc's on the same network.
Would changing the network card do wonders?

Eric
Posted: 07/26/2006 10:31:25
by Santiago Aulestia (Basic support level)

Hi,

I am using the SBSimpleFTPS.TElSimpleFTPSClient class, and it is not working properly while calling the GetNameList() method

Is somebody familiar with the error generated by the LastIndexOf() while calling this method?

I am missing a parameter?

See Stack Trace for Details.

Thank you,

Santiago

Stack Trace:
-------------------------------------------------
String reference not set to an instance of a String.
Parameter name: string2
System.ArgumentNullException: String reference not set to an instance of a String.
Parameter name: string2
at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.LastIndexOfString(Void* pSortingTable, Int32 win32LCID, String source, String value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, Int32 options)
at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.LastIndexOf(String source, String value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, CompareOptions options)
at System.String.LastIndexOf(String value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count)
at System.String.LastIndexOf(String value)
at BankAtlantic.Client.FTPS.FTPSLibrary.Client_OnTextDataLine(Object Sender, Byte[] TextLine) in D:\In\Projects\FTPS\BankAtlantic.Client.FTPS\FTPSLibrary.vb:line 305
at SBSimpleFTPS.TElSimpleFTPSClient.GetNameList()
at BankAtlantic.Client.FTPS.FTPSLibrary.DoClient() in D:\In\Projects\FTPS\BankAtlantic.Client.FTPS\FTPSLibrary.vb:line 257

Posted: 07/26/2006 12:59:59

First of all please check whether TextLine has any value. Most likely it's null. Why it is null, is a question to investigate...

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/26/2006 14:36:44
by Santiago Aulestia (Basic support level)

Eugene,

Thank you... you really guide me... I was kind of lost looking everywhere...

Many thanks...
Santiago
Posted: 07/26/2006 14:59:16

It looks like if the empty line is passed, the value can be null. It's hard to reproduce and, generally speaking, it's not a bug.
Can you please show the contents of Client_OnTextDataLine() method?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 9178 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!