EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SecureBlackbox.IDEA.dll and PowerShell

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 09/18/2008 01:08:57
by Tyson Kopczynski (Basic support level)

Can anyone please tell me how to two things from within PowerShell

1) Load the license key.
2) Creae in instance of ElSimpleSftpClient class

I load the assembly into my PowerShell session, but can't create any object instances.

[Reflection.Assembly]::LoadFile("C:\Program Files\EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Assemblies\NET_20\SecureBlackbox.IDEA.dll")

I then want to create a new instance of the ElSBLicenseManager class to load a temp license... can't seem to figure out the correct class path. Or is this a static class? I'm also having the same problem with ElSimpleSftpClient class.

Posted: 09/18/2008 02:36:33
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

It seems that you went the wrong way. You need to install SecureBlackbox .NET evaluation package, and you have installed IDEA module. IDEA is a helper assembly.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/18/2008 19:51:25

Dooooooh! Not sure why I downloaded that one and attempted to use it. Thought the name was strange. Lack of sleep I guess. Let me give the right package a try! :>)

Posted: 09/19/2008 03:57:18

Ok... round two... working from your sample. I can create an instance of SBUtils.Unit. However, I'm not seeing the SetLicenseKey method. I going to assume that PowerShell is not adapting the oject correctly because if I do a get-member on the resulting object, I don't see anything at all. In fact, this is the same even if I look at the base object.

Posted: 09/19/2008 04:12:39
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

You do not need to create an instance of SBUtils.Unit, as it is a static class. Can't you set the key using SBUtils.Unit.SetLicenseKey("...your license key here...") call?

Actually, there's also another way to set the key. Create an instance of SBLicenseManager.TElSBLicenseManager class and assign the license key to its LicenseKey property.
Posted: 09/21/2008 22:59:56

Figures... that was a static class... it would be nice if you labeled it as such in the documentation. I'm only making this statement because there seems to be other issues with how things are being interpreted by PowerShell.
For example... after loading the SecureBlackbox.dll assembly and dumping the resulting object into a variable I should be able to then use the GetTypes method to see the different types that are supported. However, I don’t see the static class for SetLicenseKey listed:
$assem = [Reflection.Assembly]::LoadFile("C:\Program Files\EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Assemblies\NET_20\SecureBlackbox.dll")

However, if I do the following… I can load key.

The same is happening for other assemblies, members either missing, or different from your documentation. Anyhow… using your samples, I’ve figured out what I need for now. I will contact you if I have any further questions.

Posted: 09/22/2008 01:53:59
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

You are looking at the classes from the point of view of PowerShell user. We don't support PowerShell and so we never looked at SecureBlackbox from that point of view. In .NET there's no need to declare XXX.Unit (which is not a class, in fact) as a static class. Also the property types look as they are described in documentation.
Nevermind, if you managed to follow the samples and use the classes, then it's ok.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Topic viewed 3043 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!