EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

invalid secretkey packet sequence error

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 09/09/2008 11:08:11
by Hamid Noorbakhsh (Basic support level)

I am new to encryption, but your sample projects are great and I am learning a lot.
I wrote a small app and was testing it and I came across this error:

"invalid secretkey packet sequence"

The app works greats with OpenPGP created keyrings, but when accessing my DesktopPGP keyrings, ONLY the secret keyring gives the error.

So I tried to open the keyrings with the sample 'PGPKeysDemo' you have provided, and I get the same error on the private key only.

I am referencing to my keyrings saved fron DesktopPGP directly and not exported keys, but the keyring.

Is there something I am not considering?
Posted: 09/09/2008 11:16:34
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Can you please create a test keyring (i.e. create a couple of new keys and save them as a keyring) and if the keyring exposes the same problem, post this test keyring?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/09/2008 12:51:50
by Hamid Noorbakhsh (Basic support level)

Eugene,
Thanks for your quick reply. I removed the keyrings and created new new keyring with the PGP Desktop (they don't have an easy way).
The problem was solved. Somehow the one keyring was corrupt. It was still being used and decrypted and encrypted in their software but was useless elsewhere.
Thanks again for your prompt response.

noorbakhsh
Posted: 09/09/2008 14:14:22
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for letting us know about the resolution of the problem.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1485 times

none

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!