EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SFTPServer Demo and SFTP clients

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 09/02/2008 06:41:56
by Nicklas Bergfeldt (Standard support level)

Yes, it does not compile... I get the following error message:
[DCC Error] ServerThread.pas(673): E2009 Incompatible types: 'Parameter lists differ'

Line 673: FSSHServer.OnReceive := OnSrvReceive;

But when I check the two parameter lists they do match:
TSSHReceiveEvent = procedure(Sender : TObject; Buffer : pointer; MaxSize : longint; {$ifndef BUILDER_USED}out{$else}var{$endif} Written : longint) of object;
procedure OnSrvReceive(Sender : TObject; Buffer : pointer; MaxSize : longint; {$ifndef BUILDER_USED}out{$else}var{$endif} Written : longint);

I'll do a reinstall of SBB to see if that solves it.
Posted: 09/02/2008 07:35:05

Ok, now its all working.
- See below for details...

I had to change the following in the demo to make it compile:
procedure OnSrvReceive(Sender : TObject; Buffer : pointer; MaxSize : longint; {$ifndef BUILDER_USED}out{$else}var{$endif} Written : longint);
into:
procedure OnSrvReceive(Sender : TObject; Buffer : pointer; MaxSize : longint; var Written : longint);

Further, to get WinSCP to connect I had to write the IP address directly into the "hostname" field in WinSCP, and not "localhost"...
- Probably because I'm using Vista and IPv6 is the default there...

Thanks!
Posted: 03/18/2009 10:29:32

There still are not file listing when using SFTP protocol v6 and SmartFTP...

Here's from the author of SmartFTP:
Titan Server uses sshlib. But sshlib does not return any extensions (e.g. the version extension which says that versions the server supports) and therefore SmartFTP does not upgrade the protocol version from 3 to 6. But our implementation has been tested against Serv-U SFTP6 and proftpd mod_sftp. Actually they use our product to test their implementation since we are the first client that properly implemented SFTP version 6.
Posted: 03/19/2009 08:43:41
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Nicklas Bergfeldt wrote:
we are the first client that properly implemented SFTP version 6.

I especially like this one ... We might as well say exactly the same as we had SFTP 6 implemented 2 or 3 years ago.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/05/2009 08:11:03
by Mykola Olshevsky (Basic support level)

Hi. I just tested SmartFTP against Serv-U, with 6th version of protocol - and it doesn't want to return file listing too (but our SimpleSFTP works fine with Serv-U, 6th version). So I don't know how and what author of SmartFTP tested, I just see that it doesn't work. And, again, as in the case with CuteFTP, our server is actually sending all correct packets with directory listing contents to client, and only author of SmartFTP can answer why it doesn't want to handle them.
Posted: 04/06/2009 14:57:11
by M B (Basic support level)

Hello Mykola ...

I'm not sure how you tested it since you failed to provide any details about your tests. According to my tests SmartFTP 3.0.1026.xx (http://www.smartftp.com/download) works perfectly well with the latest version of Serv-U 8.0.0.5.

Maybe you can provide a live/working implementation (temporary host/login/password or the link to the Sshsftpserverdemo executable) of your server product which we can use to test the interoperability issues?

Unfortunately the product Nickalas is developing is crashing right away so it's not use for testing purpose.

Regards,
Mat
SmartFTP
Posted: 04/06/2009 15:29:35

M B wrote:
I'm not sure how you tested it since you failed to provide any details about your tests

Actually we were not obliged to as this is SecureBlackbox support forum. Our goal was to check if SmartFTP does what it it's claimed to do. It didn't.

As said, we will re-check our implementation with your server. We don't have a compiled sample but you can download the evaluation version and compile/test yourself. This will make more sense because you will be able to see the things from inside.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/06/2009 15:43:26

Hello Eugene ..

I'm a bit surprised by your hostility. I believe it should be in both our interests that our products work together and I'm offering you to debug your implementation.

I do not have a Delphi development environment installed and unfortunately there is no server sample in the ActiveX version of your product. Can you provide the demo SFTP server with the necessary dll files so I can test it?

Regards,
Mat
Posted: 04/06/2009 15:53:48

I am sorry, if my post seemed rude. Cultural differences, maybe ... This is not hostility. You said that we "failed to" do something that we were not at all supposed to do. Such wording confused (at least) our developers so I had to clarify the situation.

As I mentioned, we have a C# sample in .NET edition and I feel that it makes sense for you to check that sample. If you don't have .NET environment or you prefer the compiled application, - no problems, after Mykola checks the things on our side, we will give you the compiled server demo based on VCL edition. The source code version makes it easy to modify the server code in order to check various correct and incorrect replies (for example).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/06/2009 16:46:30

I figured it out. SmartFTP was expecting the end-of-list to be present for the SSH_FXP_READDIR request and BlackBox was not sending this flag. This flag has been added in protocol version 6. The description from the draft [1] says the following:

end-of-list
If this field is present and true, there are no more entries to be
read. This field should either be omitted or be true unless the
request is SSH_FXP_READDIR.

My interpretation was that it must be present for the a SSH_FXP_READDIR request. However it seems even for a SSH_FXP_READDIR request it can be omitted. I have changed the implementation in SmartFTP now but I recommend that Blackbox sends this flag for version 6 to save one unnecessary packet.

References
[1] draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-13.txt:

9.4. Name Response

The SSH_FXP_NAME response has the following format:

byte SSH_FXP_NAME
uint32 request-id
uint32 count
repeats count times:
string filename [UTF-8]
ATTRS attrs
bool end-of-list [optional]

count
The number of names returned in this response, and the 'filename'
and 'attrs' field repeat 'count' times.

filename
A file name being returned (for SSH_FXP_READDIR, it will be a
relative name within the directory, without any path components;
for SSH_FXP_REALPATH it will be an absolute path name.)

attrs
The attributes of the file as described in Section ''File
Attributes''.

end-of-list
If this field is present and true, there are no more entries to be
read. This field should either be omitted or be true unless the
request is SSH_FXP_READDIR.

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 8855 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!