EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SBB v6.1.145 SFTP upload issue w/ OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-9etch2

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 08/29/2008 12:26:30
by Charles DeWeese (Standard support level)

Somewhere in the past couple releases of SSB something changed to the effect that uploading files to a OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-9etch2 SFTP server results in corrupted uploads or the server disconnecting during transfer.

By corrupted, I examine the file server side and the content is completely mangled.

The transfers are being uploaded in binary mode.

As far as I can tell nothing has changed on my end apart from updating SSB. I'm not entirely sure which specific version of SSB this issue started occurring on because it was just brought to my attention. Other than to say it was within the last 45 days.

Other types of SSH servers do not appear to be effected, I have no problems with OpenSSH_4.3 or OpenSSH_3.8.1p1.
Posted: 08/30/2008 01:52:21
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Would you be so kind to provide us more information about the issue:
a) does the issue occur with TElSftpClient or with TElSimpleSFTPClient class,
b) does the issue occur with the corresponding sample application?
Posted: 08/31/2008 03:54:58

I haven't had a chance to test with the sample applications, but I will try to do that soon. It seems to occur with both components.

I have been able to narrow it down a bit more, This issue only occurs when compression is set, CompressionAlgorithmClientToServer is returning SSH_CA_ZLIB_DELAYED, where as all the other servers work fine but they return SSH_CA_ZLIB.

Perhaps an issue with handling the delayed zlib encryption? with delayed zlib is there anything special I need to do to take it into consideration or is everything automatically handled by the component. I imagine the later.
Posted: 08/31/2008 04:43:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Just dizable delayed ZLib - chances are that the server doesn't handle it right.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/31/2008 12:22:12

Is there a way to select between SSH_CA_ZLIB and SSH_CA_ZLIB_DELAYED?

Using an older version of my software compiled with a version of SBB that doesn't have SSH_CA_ZLIB_DELAYED compressed transfers work fine in SSH_CA_ZLIB mode.

It could be an issue with the server, but I should point out that downloading appears to work fine without any problems.

If you'd like access to the sftp server for testing please let me know.
Posted: 08/31/2008 12:52:28
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

You enable and disable compression algorithms by setting CompressionAlgorthms property. You can disable or enable ZLIB and ZLIB_DELAYED separately.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/01/2008 03:31:35

I was looking at the online documentation but I guess its not up to date?

It doesn't have SSH_CA_ZLIB_DELAYED listed so I thought that might not be correct.

http://www.eldos.com/documentation/sbb/documentation/ref_cl_sshclient_prp_compressionalgorithms.html

Thanks for clearing it up.
Posted: 09/01/2008 23:53:58

Is it possible to use SSH_CA_ZLIB on servers where normally SSH_CA_ZLIB_DELAYED would be selected? I disabled SSH_CA_ZLIB_DELAYED but that results in no compression being used.

The sftp server is capable of using SSH_CA_ZLIB, as it works fine in older versions of SSB.
Posted: 09/02/2008 01:02:45
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Is it possible to use SSH_CA_ZLIB on servers where normally SSH_CA_ZLIB_DELAYED would be selected?

It depends on configuration of the particular server. As far as I know, OpenSSH supports either ZLIB or ZLIB_DELAYED.

Our developer is investigating the problem at the moment. We will be able to provide more information regarding the issue a bit later.
Posted: 09/15/2008 16:29:25

Is there any update to this issue?
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4612 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!