EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Compiled with Different Version

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 08/05/2008 11:28:44
by Leslie Andrews (Standard support level)

I found an older post that indicates this error could be from conflicting installations and that I should uninstall and reinstall, but I don't think that's my issue since this is a brand new computer with a new Delphi6 installation. I just download the SecureBlackBox this morning and only ran it once. So there is no previous version of anything!

When I try to run my program I get:

[Fatal Error] Main.pas(36): Unit SBSimpleSFTP was compiled with a different version of SBUtils. TickDiff

Any other suggestions?
Leslie
Posted: 08/05/2008 11:40:10
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please compare the dates and times of SBUtils.dcu and SBSimpleSFTP.dcu that you have on your computer and post these dates here.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/05/2008 11:40:19

Ok maybe the issue is that we have purchased a licensed copy and I downloaded the evaluation copy?

Posted: 08/05/2008 11:41:57

all the dcu files in the EldoS\Units\Delphi6 folder have a date of 7/3/2008 2:57 pm
Posted: 08/05/2008 12:01:38

Leslie Andrews wrote:
we have purchased a licensed copy and I downloaded the evaluation copy?

If you installed both, then you do have conflicting installations which should be removed and cleaned up (and then only one of installations should be installed back).

Also please assign the license ticket to your account as described in the registration e-mail.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/05/2008 12:31:43

well, I didn't install both of them on this pc...
Here's what I have done:

0. Received NEW PC.
1. Installed Delphi6
2. Downloaded secbboxevald47.zip (delphi4-7) from this link: http://www.eldos.com/sbb/download/62-.php
3. Extracted the SecBBoxSetup.exe from the zip and ran it.
4. Opened my program and received error message about different compiled versions.

The email I rec'd after registering for the forum doesn't have any information in it to assign the license ticket to my account.
Dear Leslie,

Thank you for registering on the EldoS site.

Your login is {username removed}

Now you can use the following services:
1) subscribe to newsletters and manage subscription on http://www.eldos.com/newsletter/
2) use HelpDesk on http://www.eldos.com/support/ticket_list.php
3) use Forums on http://www.eldos.com/forum/

Also, when you are logged in to the site, you will have access to beta versions and quick updates for some of our products.

Sincerely yours,
EldoS team

I don't actually have the license information, it would have been sent to our purchasing department when they purchased the license.

Posted: 08/05/2008 13:13:48

Try to search for SBSimpleSFTP.dcu and SBUtils.dcu all over your system. The problem always happens due to the conflict between file versions. There's no other reason for it if the dates and times are the same (i.e. the files were built during the same compilation iteration).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/06/2008 08:43:49

There is one instance of each:
C:\Program Files\EldoS\SecureBlackbox\Units\Delphi6\SBUtils.dcu
and
C:\Program Files\EldoS\SecureBlackbox\Units\Delphi6\SBSimpleSftp.dcu

Posted: 08/06/2008 09:18:26

I have installed the evaluation (build 144) and compiled a small test which references those two units. The test was built properly. So I am sure that the problem is somewhere on your system. What you can do (if you have a license) is remove the evaluation version and install the source code package.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/06/2008 09:21:43

So the evaluation version is what is installed from the zip file that I downloaded? Where do I get the source code package?
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4987 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!