EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Indy SFTP Server

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 07/29/2008 07:13:38
by Nicklas Bergfeldt (Standard support level)

Hello,

I've successfully managed to get the TServerSocket SFTP demo running, so the SFTP demo using standard Delphi sockets work perfectly.

I'm now wondering if it's possible to implement a SFTP server using Indy compoennts?
- I'm thinking something like TIdTCPServer with TElIdSSHServerIOHandler, perhaps using TElSFTPServer to handle all events...

Would that be possible?
- Is there a demo application / sample code doing this?

I found the Chat demo using TElIdSSHServerIOHandler, but how would I connect the TElSFTPServer to that in order to handle all events being used in SFTP?
- And consequently enable SFTP through Indy components...
Posted: 07/29/2008 08:44:46
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

I am not sure that I/O handler-based approach is good enough for this task. The goal of I/O handlers is a possibility of adding transparent transport layer data processing (e.g., encryption/decryption according to some security protocol). SSH/SFTP is an application layer protocol with [in general] more than one application data channel (it is possible to tunnel several SFTP connections through a single SSH/TCP connection in parallel), so this family of protocols do not fit I/O handler model.

The most straightforward way to port the sample to Indy library is to replace VCL sockets with the corresponding Indy components.
Posted: 07/29/2008 10:12:02
by Nicklas Bergfeldt (Standard support level)

Thanks for that answer.

When you put it like that I do fully agree with you. Thanks once again.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2917 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!