EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to build programs using RealThinClient and SSL?

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 07/18/2008 07:11:19
by Matthias Pod (Standard support level)

I'm building a program (windows service) which communicate over Remote Procedure Calls using RealThinClient. Now I want to secure the connection via SSL using TSSLServerRtcCryptPlugin / TSSLClientRtcCryptPlugin.

I have built an example but it doesn't work. With client authentication I get error 75782 and without the connection is established, but I get no response.

Can you help me, to get this example working?

See attachment for my code (delphi7).

Thanks

[ Download ]
Posted: 07/19/2008 04:53:10
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

1) There was a small bug in SBB for RTC implementation that might have caused such an issue. Please find the up-to-date units attached.

2) Turn off encryption-related properties of the RtcServerModule1 component (EncryptionKey, SecureKey and ForceEncryption). These properties do not have any relation to SBB and result in rejection of client's requests by the server.

[ Download ]
Posted: 07/21/2008 03:59:52

Great, now it works, thank you.

There is still one problem: With TSSLServerRtcCryptPlugin.ClientAuthentication = False the connection is established and datas been send, but with TSSLServerRtcCryptPlugin.ClientAuthentication = True I still get error 75782 (on server side). I don't know where I have to look for the solution, so please help.

For my democode see attachment (https2.zip).

Thanks,
Matthias

[ Download ]
Posted: 07/21/2008 04:42:20
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

You need to handle the OnCertificateNeededEx event and pass your certificate there when it is fired (and then pass nil to it when it is fired in second time -- see the description of OnCertificateNeededEx property for the details). CertStorage property is used to store server certificates, it is not used for client authentication.
Posted: 07/21/2008 09:01:52

It works. Thank you very much, great support.

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 2544 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!