EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Storing custom values in AuthenticatedAttributes

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 07/17/2008 02:24:11
by Simone Ferrari (Basic support level)

I have looked everywhere for specific information about this but could not find it or maybe I didn't see it.

In any case what I want to do is store/sign information in the AuthenticatedAttributes part of a signed message.

Some attributes, like content type for example, have a well known OID, but what about custom attributes? What OID should be used?

Do I need to request one from an authority?

For example, let's say I want to add to AuthenticatedAttributes the file extension of a file I am signing, what OID do I use?

Thanks for the help
Posted: 07/17/2008 03:09:54
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

You might perform a search for the object identifier of the attribute you need to use -- probably, there's one already defined. If your software does not have to be compatible to some other products, you can create your own object identifier and use it in your software (of course, it must not match any of the existing identifiers).

You will find more information about object identifiers here.

Topic viewed 944 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!