EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to Stop a command in SSH ?

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 07/16/2008 06:05:22
by Fred Fred (Basic support level)

Hi,
I try the demo version of blackbox ssh component for Delphi.
I'm playing with demo provided with the demo component and i've got one question. How can i stop a linux command like "top" ?. In putty i can put a ctrl+c ... but here i don't know how to do. The problem is that this kind of command never finish.
Thanks for any answer.
Fred.
(French, sorry for my english)
Posted: 07/16/2008 07:23:03
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

How exactly are you sending a command?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/16/2008 07:45:45
by Fred Fred (Basic support level)

I used the example you provide in the directory "simpleSSH". In the command line i put "top" ... which is a linux command to get list of process running on server... but when i put this command i "loose hand" and can't send another linux command (i think it's normal because the top command don't "leave hand" until a ctrl+C or something like that)...so what i want to know is how to stop a running command to allow me to send another command (ex to send a "ctrl+c"-like !).

The code of the example is :
Code
  s := Edit5.Text + {#13}#10;
  Client.SendData(PChar(S), Length(s));
  Edit5.Text := '';

Thanks a lot.
Posted: 07/16/2008 08:03:41
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Ctrl-C sequence is translated to some escape sequence in SSH and telnet. You need to send this sequence with SendData method.
Unfortunately I don't know what exactly sequence must be sent for Ctrl-C.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/16/2008 13:46:37
by Mykola Olshevsky (Basic support level)

As I remember correctly, Ctrl-C corresponds to binary 0x03. Try to send 0x03 through SendData() and see what happens.
But, also, this all depends on terminal settings on the other side.
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1476 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!