EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Store secret data in Smart Card memory

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 07/14/2008 09:11:20
by gino comino (Basic support level)

I have been working on Bull Smart cards a long time ago.
I know that those cards implemented a (ISO ?) File system with stuff like "elementary files" and other objects I have completely forgotten.
You could use such objects to store data and you could retrieve the data only after PIN authentication. There were public files as well, with no authentication needed.
Does BaseBBox6.dll implement such functions?
if not how can I achieve such a result?
I am working with VB6 and smart card chips which can store certificates (pub and private keys). Alll encrypting-decrypting signing-verifying functions work perfectly.

Posted: 07/14/2008 09:42:48
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

SecureBlackbox works with *cryptographic* tokens, which do not support data storing by themselves (only cryptographic parameters storing is allowed by such tokens). Probably, the tokens you have used were developed according to some other specification, different from PKCS#11.

Just in case if you are interested in -- we also develop and distribute another product, SolFS, that provides flexible means for implementing a file system residing in a single disk file. Besides other important features, SolFS supports encryption and authentication, so you can restrict access to the files for unauthorized persons.
Posted: 07/14/2008 10:07:56

so you mean that such storage options are not PKCS11 compliant?
I recall Siemens (and Charismatics I guess) tokens supporting such feature.
Posted: 07/14/2008 10:54:43
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

SecureBlackbox' PKCS11ModuleManager class supports reading and writing of so-called Application Data via PKCS#11. I think this is what you mean. But if memory serves, this functionality is not available in ActiveX edition (it's implemented only in VCL and .NET).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/14/2008 11:24:40

Our company is evaluating to buy your PKCS11 wrapper.
Unfortunately we must use activeX/dll cause all our apps must be fully portable (no framework needed).
In order to evaluate your product I must be sure that it is possible to store secret binary data (accessible via PIN) into SC memory.
So you are telling me that this is not possible using activeX, but only the .NET class, am I correct?
Posted: 07/14/2008 11:43:11
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

You got it right.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Topic viewed 1786 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!