EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Secure FTP Open and C#

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 07/11/2008 12:00:10
by Robert Warthen (Standard support level)

I am able to use the demo application on my machine and everything works fine. However, the C# application I am creating does not work. I think I have everything the same except for my application is a console application and I don't have a Application.DoEvents for it. I tried keeping the function and just commenting out the call, but that didn't work. I tried not setting the MessageLoop, but that also doesn't work. I do get the Server Key Received message and then also the Authentication succeeded message, but it never returns from the open call.

The Secure FTP server also gets the user and password commands.

Any ideas what else could be wrong?
Posted: 07/11/2008 12:09:30
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

We ship a console sample (in VB.NET samples). Did you look at it?
Also, do you handle OnKeyValidate event?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/11/2008 12:10:59
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Would you be so kind to specify the exact classes you are using? Besides, having the C# code would help us much to find out the reason for the issue.
Posted: 07/11/2008 12:33:21

Yes, I did look at the demo C# application and it works fine.

I did find another difference between the two. When I use the license key from the demo it works fine. However, when I use the license that we've been using for everything else the secure ftp open stops working. We've been using the PGP part forever and just started to add the SFTP part. I thought this was all part of the same product.
Posted: 07/11/2008 12:48:26

I'm hoping the answer isn't that we have to upgrade to 6.0, but if it is, is 6.0 code compatible with 3.0 for PGP? That was the main piece we were using before.
Posted: 07/11/2008 23:21:09
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

That's so interesting ... the key you have posted is for some reason marked as Trial. This can be an error, however this key is valid for SFTP only. And FTPS is NOT SFTP. I.e. in any case you don't have a license for FTPS and no wonder that the code doesn't work.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1512 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!