EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Using Public Key from a X509 cert to sign data

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 07/11/2008 03:55:29
by Adrian Hutchin (Basic support level)

Hi
This looks like a great toolkit with some very nice documentation and examples but I cant seem to find an example to fit my requirements.
I would like to select one of a range of PKI X509 certificates in "My Store" as required and use either the public or private key to decrypt / encrypt some data the user has filled in on screen or been sent ( not file based )
I have been looking at the ElRSAKeyMaterial and ElRSAPublicKeyCrypto classes.
Can you point me in the right direction / set of classes I should be considering please ?

regards
Adrian
Posted: 07/11/2008 04:16:40
by Mykola Olshevsky (Basic support level)

Hi. There is a property ElX509Certificate.KeyMaterial. But you are advised to use higher level cryptography, like PKCS#7 (please read the how-to at http://www.eldos.com/documentation/sbb/documentation/ref_howto_pki_pkcs7_encrypt.html)
Posted: 07/11/2008 04:58:36
by Adrian Hutchin (Basic support level)

Hi - Thanks for you quick response and informative link - I think I had seen this example but was concerned that by definition the PKCS#7 format would add additional data to my encrypted string which I was trying to avoid.
Are there any examples of ElX509Certificate.KeyMaterial usage for my purpose
Regards
Adrian

Statistics

Topic viewed 1661 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!