EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

FTPS without a form

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 06/18/2008 15:58:49
by Paul  (Basic support level)

Hi,

I have created a COM+ DLL with a hidden form into which I paste the license manager and SimpleFTPSControl. I can successfully send files to our FTPS server.

However if I create a COM+ DLL and instead of using a form add references to secure black box and use 'New' then with the same connection settings I always get an SSL/TLS error when I try and open the connection.

Is it possible to use the SimpleFTPSClient without a form?

Cheers
Paul
Posted: 06/18/2008 16:10:56
by Mykola Olshevsky (Basic support level)

Hi. Yes, you could use TElSimpleFTPSClient without form.
Possibly, you forget some properties or events assignments.
Which error are you receiving?
Posted: 06/19/2008 00:51:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The problem is in certificate validation. You must handle OnCertificateValidate event (otherwise connection doesn't occur as the certificate is not validated), but in VB6 you can't easily assign a handler to the event (let me know if this can be done as we've been searching for answer for months).
We will try to find some solution to this problem in the next builds.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/19/2008 07:07:55
by Paul  (Basic support level)

Eugene Mayevski wrote:
The problem is in certificate validation. You must handle OnCertificateValidate event (otherwise connection doesn't occur as the certificate is not validated), but in VB6 you can't easily assign a handler to the event (let me know if this can be done as we've been searching for answer for months).
We will try to find some solution to this problem in the next builds.

Thanks for the reply.

Paul
Posted: 06/19/2008 07:36:35
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

There exists one partial solution: you need to declare a *global* object as

Dim WithEvents XXX as ElSimpleFTPSClientX

Then you can create event handlers for it.

This solution is partial because this works only with global objects. You can't declare local variable in some method and attach an event handler to it. This is a limitation of VB6. In VBScript this is solved.

In fact, we have such global objects in the samples. I have forgotten about this partial solution.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1860 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!