EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PDF Recipient Group Permissions

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 06/27/2006 07:18:49
by Alexander Strnad (Basic support level)

Hello,

I have been evaluating PDFBlackbox for a bit now and find it quite apropriate for my current project.
So far though, one thing has been bugging me: The above mentioned Recipients Group Permissions seem to be ignored upon document creation.

Code
TElPDFDocument document = new TElPDFDocument();
            TElPDFPublicKeySecurityHandler handler = new TElPDFPublicKeySecurityHandler();

document.Open(stream);
            document.EncryptionHandler = handler;
            int groupIndex = handler.AddRecipientGroup();
            handler.get_RecipientGroups(groupIndex).AddRecipient(CertificateManager.Instance.getCertificateByFingerprint(user.CertificateHash));
            handler.get_RecipientGroups(groupIndex).Permissions.DisableAll();

handler.StreamEncryptionAlgorithm = SBConstants.Unit.SB_ALGORITHM_CNT_RC4;
            handler.StreamEncryptionKeyBits = 128;
            handler.StringEncryptionAlgorithm = handler.StreamEncryptionAlgorithm;
            handler.StringEncryptionKeyBits = handler.StreamEncryptionKeyBits;
            document.Encrypt();
            document.Close(true);

Even though i disable all Permissions as can be seen above, when i open the document (which is correctly encrypted to my certificate), the Security Settings in Acrobat Reader 7.07 show that the document can be modified, extracted, printed and forms filled.

Is there any special trick to this or is it a bug?

Regards,
Alexander Strnad
Hermesoft
Posted: 06/27/2006 07:33:22
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for pointing us at this. We will check the issue and provide you a solution as soon as possible.
Posted: 08/18/2006 18:58:33
by Ben Loomis (Basic support level)

I have run into this same issue, is there a solution? My code looks similar to the one posted above.
Posted: 08/19/2006 01:08:11
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I've moved this topic to HelpDesk, and the developer will look at it when he's back (on Aug 27).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/30/2006 17:10:19

Has anything happened with this? I haven't seen anything new posted about it.
Posted: 08/31/2006 00:37:49
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

The error was fixed, but the fix has not been published yet. SecureBlackbox 5 beta build (which is expected on weekends) will solve the issue.
Posted: 09/01/2006 14:06:42

Thank you for your reply. I'll watch for the beta.
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 3718 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!