EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

saving/restoring EncryptionAlgorithmPriorities

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 06/16/2008 18:48:01
by Charles DeWeese (Standard support level)

Hello,

I'm still learning the Ins and Outs of TElSSHClient so please forgive me if what I want to do is easier than it looks.

What I'd like to do is allow the user to manually adjust the encryption priority as well as determine which encryptions should be allowed.

I see that there is a EncryptionAlgorithmPriorities property but whats the correct way of adjusting the priority, its not very clear in the online docs.

Is there a not so obvious way of saving and restoring this priority list?

Also I'd like to allow the user to disable some encryption methods, there must be a trivial way of saving/restoring this as well?

Posted: 06/17/2008 04:56:21
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Algorithm priorities allow to set up an order of preference for the algorithms to use. During negotiation, the algorithm with the greatest priority among algorithms supported by both client and server is chosen.

You can use any integer values as priorities. E.g., if AES128 and 3DES are the only algorithms shared by client and server, priority of AES128 is 35, and priority of 3DES is 18, then AES128 algorithm will be chosen.

Priorities should be adjusted before Open() method is called.

Also I'd like to allow the user to disable some encryption methods, there must be a trivial way of saving/restoring this as well?

Yes -- use EncryptionAlgorithms[] property (set_EncryptionAlgorithms() method in C#) to enable/disable encryption algorithms.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1174 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!