EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

simplesftp.downloadfile speed

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 06/04/2008 20:48:46
by nutella nutella (Basic support level)

Hi,
When I use the simpleSFTP.UploadFile() method with a 7mb file it takes only a couple of seconds to run.
When I use the DownloadFile(), to get the same uploaded file back, it takes much longer to run. I tried also using the DownloadStream using a memory stream but the speed was the same.

Is it some limitation of the DownloadFile method?

I am using as recommended:
DownloadBlockSize = 0
UploadBlockSize = 0
StfpBufferSize = 131000
Posted: 06/05/2008 00:56:04
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Please try to set AutoAdjustTransferBlock to false and play with the value of DownloadBlockSize property. However, please note that turning off AutoAdjustTransferBlock might cause problems with several buggy servers that do work only with some particular values of tranfer block sizes. So it would be great if you provide us the name of the server-side software (see ServerSoftwareName property) along with the results you achieved so that we could update the auto-adjusting code accordingly.

BTW, where did you find those recommendations (especially to set upload/download block sizes to 0)?
Posted: 06/05/2008 00:57:00
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Follow-up: DownloadFile() method uses DownloadStream() internally, so they will show the same speeds for a particular server.
Posted: 06/05/2008 02:20:20
by nutella nutella (Basic support level)

Innokentiy Ivanov wrote:
Please try to set AutoAdjustTransferBlock to false and play with the value of DownloadBlockSize property. However, please note that turning off AutoAdjustTransferBlock might cause problems with several buggy servers that do work only with some particular values of tranfer block sizes. So it would be great if you provide us the name of the server-side software (see ServerSoftwareName property) along with the results you achieved so that we could update the auto-adjusting code accordingly.

BTW, where did you find those recommendations (especially to set upload/download block sizes to 0)?

thanks I will try that.
I found the recommendation in the html help file, under the topic DownloadFile()
referring to 0 as optimal.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1313 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!