EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SBB v6.0 working with server running Attachmate's Reflection for IT v7

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 05/05/2008 03:10:05
by Paul Power (Standard support level)

Hi Guys,

I am evaluating Attachmate's "Reflection for Secure IT v7.0" straight out of the box [all default settings] running on one of our RHELS v5.0 servers and how it runs with other client software such as PuTTY, SecureBlackBox etc.

The issue I have is that when I run the [EldoS SBB v6.0 VCL edn.] Delphi\SSHBlackbox\Client\SimpleSSH sample program I get the following error "connection lost(error code is 110)." The online doco states:

ERROR_SSH_CONNECTION_LOST 110 (0x006E) Connection was lost by some reason.

When I run sshd in debug mode and try and connect the sample program, the last error I get is:

2008-05-06 03:44:42 info pid=27718 Disconnecting: Bad packet length 3710488125.

Note - I can provide the whole log if that is useful.

I am just wondering whether there is a known compatibility issue here or whether you guys have any advice as to whether the sshd config needs to be changed.

BTW, PuTTY works fine with keyboard interactive to this server.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Posted: 05/05/2008 03:20:52
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

We are not aware of this server at all. I believe there exists some problem with the server itself, as SecureBlackbox is used successfully with the number of SSH servers.

Please follow the instructions in the knowledgebase article to solve the problem.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1250 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!