EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Port Forwarding from Windows Service

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 04/21/2008 13:05:00
by Willem Luijk (Basic support level)

We want to have the RDP port of a private computer forwarded over the internet to a server anywhere in the datawarehouse. (kind of a backdoor but customers are aware) Each time the internet connection is lost, this port forward must be made active again. I know tunneling over SSH but i dont need SSH itself. When we can bring port 3389 over another protocol to the server that would be nice. The port numbers on the serverside can be anything. For the reconnection we want to build a mechanism that will try reconnecting again and again.
Posted: 04/21/2008 13:21:43
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Port forwarding functionality is part of SSH. If you ultimately want no security, you can configure the SSH server and client to not use encryption and to authenticate without password.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/21/2008 14:07:56

Ok. Thus, the other way, when the computer knows the account and password the windows server can set up a ssh connection with port forwarding without the need of manual help of any user...

Is there a special release of SBB i need when using Delphi 2006?
Posted: 04/21/2008 15:13:14
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Windows server doesn't have an SSH server. You can install and configure OpenSSH (search "copssh" on our server, the search box is in top-right corner of the page) or use one of commercial SSH servers or build your own server-side solution using SecureBlackbox (SSHBlackbox client-server or SFTPBlackbox client-server or Transports or Standard or Professional package is required).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/21/2008 15:34:41

I am not talking about the server. The server will be a linux box. The client is a Windows xp system with a custom build Delphi service with your SSH client and port forwarding build in, connecting to the outside world automatically.
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2291 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!