EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSH and TFTP

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 04/09/2008 09:23:10
by Russ Ferrill (Basic support level)

I have downloaded the trial version of SecureBlackbox. I am using a limited time license key. I am using SSH to connect to a firewall. My application is running on Windows Server 2003 64bit edition. I am able to connect to the firewall, but the firewall is unable to communicate with my tftp server when I'm connected to it via SSH.

I have a single application that is the TFTP server and the SSH client to the firewall. I was previously connecting to the firewall via telnet and access to the TFTP server was unimpeded. If I run my TFTP server in one application and the SSH client to the firewall in another I am able to access the TFTP server from the firewall. If both the TFTP server and the SSH client are in the same application I cannot access the TFTP server from the firewall when connecting vis SSH.

Do you have any suggestions as to what might be going on here?
Thanks!
Posted: 04/09/2008 09:45:14
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

What is TFTP and how is it related to SSH? Are you trying to tunnel communication over SSH tunnel or what? To tunnel the generic communication you need to use port forwarding but you need to have an SSH server on the remote side.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1739 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!