EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

I am pretty ungry

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 06/22/2006 05:51:21
by Rafael Hernández (Basic support level)

Ok. Is there any prepared package you can give me to do so in a simple way? or should I install the whole secureblackbox package to get the dlls there in the client machine?
Posted: 06/22/2006 14:50:46
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please see deployment instructions in documentation. SecureBlackbox needs just copy deployment, i.e. you only copy the necessary DLLs. You can pack them into CAB file if you need web-based installation of the DLLs on the client machine. We don't have pre-built packages for this.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/23/2006 11:55:58

Helo, I had to leave for a few days but I am back now to this problem and I would like to know if the best way to sign a file (placed on an intranet server accesible from the client) from an internet explorer window is to put the code in a visual basic script inside an html page, or to use your crypto4 tool and pass the name of the file and the name of the certificate programmaticaly to it.

I find somewhat interesting what you say about crypto4 but you do not offer any details about using it with code programming.
Posted: 07/23/2006 12:11:29

Crypto4 was not designed to be automated.
What you can do is use TElMessageSigner component to produce the standard PKCS#7 compliant signature.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/25/2006 12:22:08

if you need web-based installation of the DLLs on the client machine. We don't have pre-built packages for this.

I am exploring the possibility of creating a client vb script that runs in the client internet explorer. I have copied the necessary dlls on the client machine and I am trying to reference them within the script by the getobject instruction:

Dim SBUTILS, SBPDF, SBPDFSec, SBPKI, SBPKIWCS, SBPKICCS
Set SBUTILS = GetObject("C:\SBBX\SecureBlackbox.dll", "SecureBlackbox.SBUTILS")
Set SBPDF = GetObject("C:\SBBX\SecureBlackbox.PDF.dll", "SBPDF")
Set SBPDFSec = GetObject("C:\SBBX\SecureBlackbox.PDF.dll", "SBPDFSecurity")
Set SBPKI = GetObject("C:\SBBX\SecureBlackbox.PKI.dll", "SBX509")
Set SBPKIWCS = GetObject("C:\SBBX\SecureBlackbox.PKI.dll", "SBWinCertStorage")
Set SBPKICCS = GetObject("C:\SBBX\SecureBlackbox.PKI.dll", "SBCustomCertStorage")

But, whenever I run the script I get the error message "The ActiveX component cannot create the object 'GetObject'"

Do you have any idea as how may I do it?
Posted: 07/25/2006 12:38:04

You are trying to reference .NET assemblies from VB Script. Are you sure that this is in any way supported by VBScript?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/25/2006 13:45:03

Ok, you are wright. Where may I find the COM DLLs I need?
Posted: 07/25/2006 13:59:08

You need to use ActiveX edition, available for download from the download page.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/25/2006 14:27:06

I got it and I guess that BaseBBox.dll will do the same as SecureBlackbox.dll and that pkibbox.dll will handle SecureBlackbox.PKI.dll operativity, but I do not know which dll should I use to do the same as with secureblackbox.pdf.dll. Could you help here?
Posted: 07/25/2006 14:39:08

I have been reading your documentation and I have found that it seems not to be any ActiveX dll to sign PDF files. When you read the help file for ElPDFDocument class you can see that there is not any ActiveX/DLL that holds such functionality. Is it true?
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 36659 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!