EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

pgp certificate expiry

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 04/03/2008 02:17:46
by Yen Hock Tan (Standard support level)

I am generating pgp keys to communicate with my client. I am using SecureBlackBox but my client is Java based and they are using Cryptix. For some security reasons, my client is checking the expiry date of the certificate. The feedback that I get from my client is that the certificate that I generated do not contain an expiry. I have did a small test to verify the claim and found out that it is true. From the documentation, I don't seem to find a method to specify the expiry date. The signature that I get from the public key is read-only. Is there a work around to this? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Please refer below for the sample code.

TElPGPSecretKey SecretKey;
SecretKey.Generate(passphrase, bits, SBPGPConstants.Unit.SB_PGP_ALGORITHM_PK_DSA,
bits, SBPGPConstants.Unit.SB_PGP_ALGORITHM_PK_ELGAMAL_ENCRYPT, "umapidemo", 10);
TElPGPPublicKey pubKey = keyring.get_PublicKeys(0);
TElPGPPublicSubkey pubSubKey = pubKey.get_Subkeys(0);
TElPGPSignature sig = pubSubKey.get_Signatures(0);
MessageBox.Show("mod sig create date: " + sig.CreationTime.ToString());
MessageBox.Show("mod sig expiry date: " + sig.ExpirationTime.ToString());
MessageBox.Show("mod sig userid: " + sig.SignerUserID);

I have set the expiry to 10 days while generating the key, but it shows 0 when displays it. Also the user id is a empty string when I display it.

Posted: 04/03/2008 02:56:23
by Mykola Olshevsky (Basic support level)

Please read how-to at http://www.eldos.com/documentation/sbb/documentation/ref_howto_pgp_keys_userinfo.html

You should set Expiration property of user certification signature in OnBeforeSign event handler.
Posted: 04/04/2008 01:48:41
by Yen Hock Tan (Standard support level)

Topic viewed 1499 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!